Trying to keep up with Azure and Cognitive Services has proven difficult, and among the new services released is a very exciting one, the Form Recognizer!
The Form Recognizer extracts key-value pairs, tables and text from documents such as tax statements, reports, invoices, and purchase orders. But that is not the exciting part, the addition of handwritten and mixed-mode (printed and handwritten) support was announced, that can handle handling handwritten and mixed-mode forms. So digitizing documents was never easier! OCR technology surely helped, but breaking down the text in key-value pairs can also help developers insert data faster. Can’t wait to try it so stay tuned for a tutorial.
- Expand your available data set: If you are only extracting data from machine printed forms, expand your total data set to mixed-mode forms and historic handwritten forms.
- Create one application for a mix of documents: If you use a mix of handwritten and printed forms, you can create one application that applies across all your data.
- Avoid manual digitization of handwritten forms: Original forms may be fed to Form Recognizer without any pre-processing, extracting the same key-value pairs and table data you would get from a machine-printed form to reduce costs, errors, and time.
Check out the full features on the Product page.
Form Recognizer extracts key-value pairs and tables from documents and includes the following options:
- Custom – Form Recognize learns the structure of your forms to intelligently extract text and data. It ingests text from forms, applies machine learning technology to identify keys and tables, and then outputs structured data that includes the relationships within the original file. That way, you can extract information quickly, accurately, and tailored to your specific content, without heavy manual intervention or extensive data science expertise.
- Prebuilt – Detects and extracts data from Receipts using optical character recognition (OCR) and our Receipt model enabling you to easily extract structured data from receipts such as merchant name, subtotal, tax, transaction total and more.
Discounted public preview pricing for Form Recognizer is reflected below.
|INSTANCE||DOCUMENT TYPE||PRICE PREVIEW|
|Free – Web/Container||0 – 500 pages free per month|
|S0 – Web/Container||Custom
|$25 per 1,000 pages
$5 per 1,000 pages
Try it now!
In the meantime, if you want to try a demo of the Form Recognizer click here.